- 4 year rower at Purdue University - Voted Most Valuable Oarsman
- American Collegiate Rowing Association (ACRA) Great Lakes All Region Team - 2012, 2013
- ACRA All-American - 3rd Team – 2012, 1st Team - 2013
- Rowed with Lincoln Park Boat Club (Chicago) and Penn Athletic Club (Philadelphia)
- 2013 Under 23 National Team
I started my athletic endeavors my senior year of high school by joining the track team and attempting to do the 110m and 300m hurdles. I say attempting because I was quite out of shape and all around terrible at it. So while I wasn't successful in that department, it provided me motivation to find a way to get in shape when I headed off to college. Less than a week in I found myself joining Purdue Crew (i.e. the rowing team) which turned out to be quite an adventure and a life changing experience.
A few years and accolades later I found myself starting full time work fresh off a stint on the U23 National Team and settled into “real life.” After meandering around for some time trying to stay in shape without the support of a team I met Vince at Shorewood Fitness. One thing led to another and I joined the team as an owner (and obligatory rowing coach).
When I'm not pursuing my other career, you'll find me at the gym at random hours of the day. Have you seen the neat rowing machine we got? If so, find me sometime and I'll show you why it's (in my completely unbiased opinion) the greatest cardio machine in existence. If no, go look at it and then follow the aforementioned instructions.